Thursday, August 21, 2008

Matt's Fish!!


Here's a photo of Matt taken a few weeks ago down in Homer, where we went fishing. Little by little I'll add some pics to this blog, but likely not many until I get home and hook up my own camera (forgot the cable, remember?)

The guys got back from their fishing weekend in time for Tuesday's show. Ryan showed us some photos he took of a glacier he was exploring, including an ice cave he found. Of course, it's not good enough to see it- for Ryan, he has to climb into it for a first hand look. I guess it was ok, 'cause he lived to make it home.

Matt and Geoff went south and did some fishing too. As I heard the story, someone got their line/lure hooked on a stump on the opposite bank of the river, so our tough mountain man Geoff volunteered to wade across the water to retrieve the line. As he waded out (in his waist high waders), he stepped into an unseen sink hole and immediately sank up to his collar bone. I'll bet that water was icy, eh? Naturally, his boots filled up with water, making him that much more heavy, but was fortunately able to get himself out of it, albeit with a wet wallet and yet another drenched cell phone. He drowned more cell phones in the last few months! I think this one is still working- it's as miraculous as it is that Geoff is still working too. He enjoys telling the story with a laugh, but I (and his mother) are not so amused! Damn kids!

Matt caught a beautiful silver salmon that we're going to be eating tomorrow. He sent me a photo of it:


Have a beautiful day; more soon!

No comments: