Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sleeping late and more about Ryan

Good Morning- It's 230pm and we're all just getting up. This is the typical life up here. The band plays until 215am during the week and til 245 on the weekends. As you can imagine, we get pretty fired up during the show and it usually takes a while to calm down after getting home. Sometimes we'll party a little (though I'm more likely to go home and hide out), or a 'Koots staff member might stop by for a visit, or we might just watch tv. Needless to say, if we get to sleep by 4am, we're doing well. When I joined EA in April, I figured I would lead a healthy life style by going to bed right after a gig and be up by 9 or 10 to enjoy the day and do other stuff- the guys laughed and said "yeah right". Well, now I've finally adjusted to the Rock n roll lifestyle and have forgotten what the mornings are like!

Yesterday, Matt and I went over to the "Mooses Tooth", which is a restaurant and movie cinema across the way to see "Iron Man". This place is great because you can order food and booze to enjoy while watching the movie each row has a tables in front of you and some areas even have booths. If you're underage, you go up to the balcony. Matt bought a round of Margaritas and we worked on those during the show. It was a good time- I was feeling a little EA fatigue yesterday, and Matt's one of those guys who is just a calm and quiet person that you can simply hang out with. The tequila helped too. Thanks Matty!

One of our good friends/fans from Phoenix flew up last night for a few days. It's great to see some familiar faces again.

I'm not much into ice cream, but I do really like the ice cream sandwiches. Y'know "brown cracker/ice cream/brown cracker"? My sweet housemate Geoff bought me a box the other day and they're so good. Thanks Geoff, but you're also weird! He doesn't like to handle these ice cream sandwiches because, as you know, sometimes the brown cracker part sticks to your fingers...well, for some reason, he CAN'T STAND THAT, so he eats the paper wrapping too. Doesn't unwrap it at all, just eats the whole thing. I just about freaked!

Ryan got wind of my story of the diagonal couch/lazy tv watching! Uh-oh! I know he doesn't do computer stuff much, so I thought I was safe. I guess someone tipped him off to us making fun of him and his neck cozy (thanks LIZ!! :)). Well, after making me play a few songs last night that I hardly knew, all was even. But to make up for it, let me also say some good things about the poor guy! Ryan's been great with the audience, as usual, is a great front man and does his absolute best to keep me hip and in the loop (or is it hip replacement?). One of the funniest things he does while we're up on stage jamming is come over to my ear and commenting on some of the interesting people in the crowd. Believe me, in AK, there are some pretty colorful characters. Conversations like this are common in bands, buy Ryan is very quick and funny with his. I can't repeat them here of course, but beware the wit of Ryan! He's almost always in a good mood, is quick to buy you a drink or give you encouragement. And how many guys do you know that can play 7 shows a week for most of the year? Only the guys in EastonAshe! Yay!! Rock on Brother!

No comments: